This Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is loaded with chickpeas and all your favorite summer veggies! It’s great for a potluck, BBQ or lunch!
- 8–10 ounces pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cooking pasta according to package directions and let cool. I like to mix with a small amount of olive oil or rinse under cold water so it doesn’t all stick together while cooling.
- Add pasta to a large bowl. Next, add the chickpeas and all the vegetables, including the basil.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing over pasta salad and mix until combined. Enjoy immediately or refrigerator up to 3 days.