This Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is so refreshing and flavorful! You can make it for a potluck side dish or enjoy it for lunch or dinner!
I actually photographed this Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad with Chickpeas a few months ago. I had about 5 recipes all photographed and I thought I’d easily be able to edit photos and write up a post even if I was too tired and nauseous to actually cook something. I was wrong!
Most days these last few months have consisted of me napping on the couch and eating food that I would never dare post on here haha!
But, now that I’m finally feeling better I’m excited to share this recipe with you because it’s so fresh, summery and delicious! I feel like I’ve completely missed out on cooking with all my favorite summer ingredients so I’m making up for it by adding them all into this Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad with Chickpeas!
I love making pasta salads in the summertime because they’re so versatile! You can enjoy them warm or cold, you can add as many veggies as you want and you get to top them with a flavorful dressing. They’re great for last minute potluck/party dishes and also work well for lunches and light dinners. I hope you enjoy!Print
This Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is loaded with chickpeas and all your favorite summer veggies! It’s great for a potluck, BBQ or lunch!
- 8–10 ounces pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cooking pasta according to package directions and let cool. I like to mix with a small amount of olive oil or rinse under cold water so it doesn’t all stick together while cooling.
- Add pasta to a large bowl. Next, add the chickpeas and all the vegetables, including the basil.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing over pasta salad and mix until combined. Enjoy immediately or refrigerator up to 3 days.