- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup millet
- 3 heaping cups diced sweet potatoes, about 2 small peeled sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground tumeric, optional
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Olive Oil
Curry Cilantro Mayo:
- 1 cup vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sized pot, cover lentils with 1 cup of water and add bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- In another medium sized pot, add millet and cover with 1 1/2 cups of water. Cook until millet is cooked through and all water is absorbed, 25-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, add diced sweet potatoes and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until sweet potatoes are fork tender, 25 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, millet. salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and turmeric to a food processor and process for 15-30 seconds, until mixed together.
- Place millet and sweet potato mixture into a large bowl and add lentils. Mix until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Form the mixture into patties (your should get 10-12) and cook patties for 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp on the outside. Add extra oil for new batches, if needed.
- While patties are cooking, make the curry cilantro mayo. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Serve sweet potato, millet & lentil patties with a dollop with curry cilantro mayo. Enjoy!