These Sweet Potato Pie Bars are healthy, easy to make and great for breakfast, snacks or dessert! They’re not too sweet so they’re perfect for kids of all ages! They’re packed with healthy ingredients like oats, sweet potato and coconut oil so you can feel good about feeding them to your children!
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup softened coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 2 1/2 tablespoons water)
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
Sweet Potato Filling:
2 cups sweet potato puree
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Next, add the vanilla, almond milk and flax egg and beat again.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until the dough is crumbly in texture but holds together when you squeeze it between your fingers. Add the oats and mix again just until oats are mixed in.
- Add all sweet potato filling ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Set aside 1 cup of the cookie batter. Press the remaining cookie batter into the bottom of the parchment lined pan. Pour sweet potato mixture over top and smooth until it forms an even layer. Use your fingers to evenly sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cookie dough crumbles on top and then bake until cooked through, 30-35 minutes.
- Let Sweet Potato Pie Bars cool for at least an hour, overnight in the refrigerator is best. Slice into desired sizes and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Vegan
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet Potato Pie Bars