These Sweet Potato Tostadas use sweet potato as the base instead of tortillas and taste so good!
- 2–3 medium sweet potatoes, you want to make sure they are uniform in shape so you can slice them evenly.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Refried beans, I like to use black refried beans
- Shredded cheese, vegan or regular
- Optional toppings: avocado, salsa, tomatoes, cilantro, onion
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. If you like you can peel the sweet potatoes before slicing but it’s not needed. Carefully slice sweet potatoes, lengthwise, into thin slices. You want them to all be the same thickness so they take the same amount of time to roast. They should be about 1/4 an inch thick.
- Lay sweet potato slices on a large sheet pan and brush each side with a small amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake sweet potatoes until fork tender, 25-30 minutes, flipping once.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees F. Spread about 1/4 cup refried beans onto each sweet potato and top with 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Bake tostadas until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm and top with your favorite toppings.