- 1 small bag of mini sweet peppers
- 1 –15 ounce can of refried beans, I like black refried beans
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 heaping cup of chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Cilantro leaves for garnish, if desired
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl mix together the refried beans, corn, tomato, onion, jalapeno, 3 tablespoons cheese, salt, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and smoked paprika. Set aside.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Put a small spoonful of the refried bean mixture into each pepper. Bake the peppers in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until peppers are beginning to soften but still slightly firm and bean mixture is hot. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the peppers and bake for another 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- While peppers are cooling, make the avocado topping. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Score the avocado and scoop into a medium sized bowl. Mash avocado with a fork until desired texture is reached and then add the lime juice and salt. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the avocado mixture onto each popper and top with cilantro leaves, if desired.