This is the Best Vegetarian Lasagna! It’s packed with tons of roasted vegetables and herbed ricotta cheese.
- 2 small zucchinis, small diced
- 1 yellow summer squash, small diced
- 2 bell peppers, small diced (whatever colors you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/5 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 1–2 packages lasagna noodles, I like to use oven ready (I usually end up using one whole package and a few from another package)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. On an extra large baking sheet, toss together the diced vegetables, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Roast veggies until tender and caramelized, about 40 minutes. Add the roasted veggies to a large bowl and combine with the tomato sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, lemon zest and fresh herbs.
- Start building your lasagna in a 9×13 baking dish. Layer in this order: 1/3 of the tomato sauce mixture, lasagna noodles, 1/2 cheese mixture, noodles, sauce, rest of the cheese, noodles, rest of the sauce, 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven.
- Bake lasagna until the noodles are cooked through, cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, about an hour. I usually take the tin foil off for the last 15 -20 minutes so the cheese can brown a little bit. Let lasagna cool for 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegetarian
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italinan
Keywords: Best Vegetarian Lasagna