This Vegan Black Bean Soup is creamy, thick and full of flavor!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup small diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes, slightly drained
- 2 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil, onion, bell peppers, carrot, celery and a pinch of salt. Cook veggies until starting to soften, 5-7 minutes, and then add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the black beans, tomatoes and all the spices. Stir well and then add in the vegetable broth, stir again and then cover soup and let simmer for about 15 minutes. You can cook longer though.
- To puree soup, you can either use an immersion blender and puree right in the pot or you can transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Just make sure to be extra careful because soup is hot.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings or refrigerate or freeze until later.
If you want a chunkier soup you don’t have to puree it. Just enjoy it as is.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Vegan, Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Stovetop, Blender
- Cuisine: American/Mexican
Keywords: Vegan Black Bean Soup