These Vegan Black Bean Tacos are so easy to make and perfect for a vegan weeknight dinner!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans black beans, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: cabbage, onion, avocado, tomato, salsa
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil and onions. Cook for a few minutes, add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the black beans and all the spices. Mix well and roughly mash the beans with a potato masher or fork. Slowly add in the reserved bean liquid until desired consistency is reached. I used about 3/4 cup. Mix well and cook until beans are heated through.
- Warm up corn tortillas on the stove and fill each with a big spoonful of black bean mixture and top with desired toppings.