This is the Best Vegan Tzatziki Sauce Recipe! It’s perfectly creamy and flavorful and goes great as a sauce, spread or dressing!
- 1 cup plain dairy free yogurt, I used oat milk yogurt
- 1 cup hummus, I used garlic hummus and it worked great!
- 1/2 large cucumber
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- Salt, to taste
- Grate the cucumber on the large side of a box grater. Optional step: use a knife to chop the cucumber into small pieces. Place the cucumber into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze as much liquid as you can out of it. Set aside.
- Add the yogurt and hummus to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined. Next, add in the lemon juice, garlic, fresh herbs, cucumber and salt (to taste). Mix until everything is completely combined.
- To serve: garnish with fresh herbs, cucumber slices and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy as a dip for pita bread or a sauce for falafel.