These Vegetarian Fajitas with Halloumi Cheese are hearty, filling and flavorful! Such a great vegetarian dinner!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package halloumi cheese, mine was 8.8 oz
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: guacamole, tomato, onion, cilantro, salsa
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil, bell peppers, onion and spices. Mix until everything is coated and let cook until vegetables have softened and are starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and wipe skillet down or wash.
- Cut the cheese into thin strips, you should get 9-12 pieces. Heat pan and add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the cheese and let cook until each side is browned, 3-5 minutes each side.
- Assemble your fajitas: heat your tortillas and then spread with a spoonful of guacamole (optional) and top with a large spoonful of the fajita veggies and 2-3 pieces of cheese. Enjoy!
Recipe makes about 8 fajitas, but it depends on how much veggies and cheese