- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups thinly sliced parsnips
- 1/2 small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cups cubed bread, gluten free if necessary
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped baby kale or spinach
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. On a large sheet pan, toss together the carrots, parsnips, onion, thyme, 2 teaspoons olive oil, scant 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake until vegetables are fork tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cubed bread. Cook until bread is crispy on the outside, 5-7 minutes.
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl or jar and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl add the roasted vegetables, toasted bread, beans and kale. Mix until combined and then pour over desired amount of dressing. If making salad ahead of time, wait until serving to add dressing.