We eat a lot of pasta around here, but I feel like we really up our pasta game in the summer time. It’s so quick and easy to make, you don’t have to turn your oven on and you can add all kinds of great flavors to it!
I’ve been eyeing the mini sweet peppers at the store lately and it turns out they go really well with pasta! In fact, this balsamic sweet pepper pasta is one of my new favorites. It also helps that it has a good amount of parmesan cheese and basil in it too 🙂
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces pasta, I used gluten free brown rice pasta
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Cut the top off each pepper, remove the seeds and slice them into thin rings. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the olive oil, sliced peppers, salt and pepper. Saute peppers until tender and browned, about 15 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook peppers for about 3-5 minutes.
- While peppers are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Once pasta is finished cooking, drain the water and place pasta back into the pot.
- Immediately add the parmesan cheese and minced garlic to the hot pasta and stir until combined. Next, add the cooked peppers, spinach leaves and basil. Stir again and season with salt and pepper, to taste.