This Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip is completely dairy and nut free! It’s perfect for chip dipping or drizzling over nachos!
For some reason my days are really off this week. I meant to have this Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip post up early this morning but it wasn’t until I was lying in bed last night that I remembered that today is Thursday! Not sure where the week has gone!
But, it’s here now and I think you are going to enjoy it! I’ve made a ton of cashew based “cheese” sauces in the past that I love, but wanted to experiment making one with cauliflower so it would be nut free and have much less fat.
I do eat nuts but I feel like I see a lot of comments on cashew based cream sauces from people saying they can’t eat cashews and looking for a substitute. That is where this Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip comes in! As long as you use a nut free non-dairy milk then it’s completely nut free and still so creamy and delicious!
It does have a slight sharp cauliflower taste, so if you really hate cauliflower this queso dip might not be for you, but I don’t find it off putting and my husband even enjoyed this dip so I say that’s a win 🙂
It’s flavored up with a lot of other delicious spices so the cauliflower taste isn’t too potent. I also used a yellow cauliflower for this recipe which is a littler milder in flavor than the white kind.
Recipe Tips for this Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip:
- I used a yellow cauliflower for my recipe. It’s slightly milder in taste and helps give it a nice yellowish queso color, but you can use a regular white cauliflower if you can’t find the yellow one.
- If making nut free, make sure to use a nut free milk in the recipe.
- Creamy Cauliflower Queso dip is best served warm and it may need to be stirred a bit before serving if it’s been sitting.
- I used a little bit of rotel in my dip to give it a nice kick but you could leave out if you want your queso to be on the milder tasting side.
This Creamy Cauliflower Queso Dip is completely vegan and nut free! It’s creamy and flavorful and perfect for chip dipping!
- 1 medium sized yellow cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, make sure it’s nut free if necessary
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more if you like
- 1/2 cup rotel, optional
- Optional toppings: tomato, onion, cilantro
- Steam cauliflower florets until fork tender.
- Add cauliflower, milk, butter, nutritional yeast and all the spices to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and mix in rotel, if desired. Garnish with your favorite garnish and enjoy with chips!