This Creamy Vegan Pot Pie is packed with vegetables and so comforting!
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup flour, gluten free or regular
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 large unbaked pie crusts, I used this recipe for coconut oil pie crust
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and cauliflower to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Next, add the broccoli and peas and cook for another 10 minutes. Vegetables should be fork tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and onions. Cook onions for 2-3 minutes, until softened, and then add the flour. Stir mixture together until it resembles a thick paste.
- Next, add in the vegetable broth, milk, salt, pepper and celery seed. Cook mixture, stirring often, until thickened and coats the back of a spoon, 7-10 minutes.
- Add vegetables to sauce and mix until combined.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a large baking dish and then pour vegetable mixture in. Top with second pie crust. Press the edges of the pie crusts together and cut any excess off. Poke a few air holes in the top of the pie crust and bake pot pie until pie crust is cooked through, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy! Top with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 80 mins
- Category: Vegan, Vegetarian, Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Vegan Pot Pie