I love hummus! When I was in college and would come home for breaks, my mom would always ask me what meal I wanted waiting for me when I got home and I would always tell her, a big bowl of hummus with pita bread. She made an amazing garlic hummus! I make a lot of different variations, but this is one of my favorites. For a base I use garbanzo beans, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil, then I add whatever flavors I am in the mood for.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Pita chips or pita bread, if desired
- Combine all of the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Eat with pita chips or pita bread.