A fresh and flavorful quinoa bowl filled with so many veggies!
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup tofu feta, or regular feta
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cup in half
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
Tofu Feta Recipe (makes more than needed for the bowls but can be scaled down if you like):
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons light yellow miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all feta ingredients, except for the tofu, in a medium sized bowl until combined. Use your hands to crumble the tofu, or give it a small dice, into the bowl and stir to make sure all of tofu is coated. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour. It will become more flavorful the longer it sits.
- Place quinoa in a medium pot and cover with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- For each bowl: 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup hummus, 1/4 cup tofu feta, 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/3 cup cucumber, 1/3 cup tomatoes, 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, 2 tablespoons diced red onion.
If you like dressing, I would recommend this Greek Style Vinaigrette!