It’s the first Thursday of the month! And you know what that means! 30-Minute Thursday 🙂 Scroll to the bottom of this page for more delicious 30-Minute recipes to enjoy this month!
You may be thinking that this looks more like a lunch recipe than a dinner recipe, but I promise that it will satisfy you, keep you full and your taste buds will be happy! And, if you are anything like me, you much prefer meals that don’t require too much cooking or prep. The only cooked part of this meal is sauteing the asparagus, which can even be skipped if you don’t mind a little more bite to your asparagus and the fresher, raw taste.
It’s been pretty hot here lately (we’ve already hit 90+ degrees and it’s supposed to go up again this week) so I’ve been eating lots of wraps, sandwiches and salads lately. They don’t require much cooking at all, are ready in about ten minutes and make it easy to get in my vegetable servings for the day. I was telling my husband the other day that it would be so nice if Subway offered hummus as a vegetarian protein source (I like to get the chopped salads there) and he seemed confused and said that people don’t put hummus on sandwiches. I have to fully disagree with that because hummus is one of the best ingredients on vegetarian sandwiches! You could also add some cheese for an extra kick of protein.
The icing on this wrap is the herbed mayo! It’s so easy to make and really puts this wrap over the edge. In fact, I’ve been making so much of this herbed mayo lately and putting on everything I can find! So, I would definitely recommend not skipping out on that part 🙂Print
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, ends cup off and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (scant teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Tortillas, gluten free if necessary
- Hummus, homemade or store-bought
- Baby spinach leaves
- Sliced radishes
- Sliced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons mayo, I use vegan Just Mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1 small squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, asparagus salt and pepper. Cook asparagus until slightly tender, 5-10 minutes depending on thickness.
- Add all herded mayo ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Assemble the wraps: warm tortilla if desired then top with 2 tablespoons hummus, 1 small handful spinach leaves, 1 sliced radish, two slices of tomato and about 4 – 6 pieces of asparagus (depending on how thick they are).* Then spread with desired amount of herbed mayo, wrap and enjoy!
- Feel free to serve with your favorite side dish!
*These are just recommended serving sizes of each topping, but feel free to use as little or as much of each topping as you like! The herded mayo can also easily be doubled if you are making quite a few of these.