This Loaded Summer Vegetable Salad with Black Beans is a perfect way to use all that fresh summer produce that needs to be eaten! It’s great as a side dish or with chips!
Although I’d much rather have fall weather over summer, I still love summer produce and that’s what this Loaded Summer Vegetable Salad with Black Beans is all about! My inspiration for this summer vegetable salad was to pretend that I have a garden and I was trying to use up the rest of my veggies before the end of the season 🙂
In full disclosure I bought all my ingredients from the grocery store haha, but one of these days I’d love to have a garden to pick from!
I knew I was going to do a Mexican themed salad with black beans but also wanted to pack as many summer vegetables into it as I could. I had planned that everything would be completely raw but then I saw the zucchini and summer squash and I knew I had to add them in too!
You’re more than welcome to keep them raw but I prefer them sautéed. I like to let them cool a little before I add them though so it’s still a cool, fresh summer salad.
This salad is great as a BBQ side dish and also delicious as a dip with tortilla chips. I just like to stand in the refrigerator and eat it out of the bowl with a spoon 🙂
I know that summer isn’t quite over yet, but I’m really ready for some cooler weather! A week from today we are packing up and driving to Santa Fe, New Mexico. It’s a little crazy to think about and I feel like we still have so much to do, but I’m really looking forward to having a proper fall and winter this year!Print
This Loaded Summer Vegetable and Black Bean Salad is a perfect way to use all that fresh summer produce that needs to be eaten! It’s great as a side dish or with chips!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can back beans, or 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Black Pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon olive oil and diced zucchini and summer squash. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender and browning, 10 minutes. Let cool for about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the cooled zucchini and squash, black beans, corn and all the remaining veggies.
- Top with 2 teaspoons olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until everything is combined. Enjoy with as a dip for chips or as a side dish!
If you’re making this salad ahead of time wait until serving to add the avocado. Salad will stay good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.