These Roasted Beet, Chickpea and Black Rice Salads are healthy, delicious and easy to make!
- 1/2 cup black rice, dry
- 1/2 cup balsamic dressing, homemade or store-bought
- 2 heaping cups diced roasted beets, I used pre-packaged ones to make it super easy but you could roast your own too!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (if vegan, you can omit or use this tofu feta recipe instead)
- 1 large bunch curly kale, or 4 cups of your favorite greens
- Cook black rice according to package directions, let cool before assembling salads.
- If using kale, I like to remove the ribs, chop the kale, place it in a large bowl and add a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Then, massage the kale for about 30 seconds to tenderize it a little bit.
- You can either assemble the salads in mason jars or regular containers. For each salad: place 2 tablespoons dressing on the bottom, followed by: 1/4 of the black rice, 1/2 cup beets, 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon red onion, 1 ounce goat cheese, 1 heaping cup greens.
- Salads should stay good for 4 days. If using a more tender green, like lettuce, you might want to wait to add that in until the morning of so that it doesn’t wilt.
- You can either shake the jar and enjoy or empty salad into a bowl and enjoy.