When it comes to football season there are two categories that people fall into; the ones who live for football and love the snacks and those who kinda can’t stand football but love the snacks. I’m currently in the second category, but have been desperately trying to get myself into the first category since I met my football obsessed husband.
So far I haven’t succeeded though. Sometimes I find myself staring at the T.V in hopes that something will make sense and I’ll finally realize how much I love football, but usually I’m in the other room eating all the snacks while watching Modern Family on Hulu. At least I try, right?
Being a snackaholic, I do have something to offer football season and I think it is much appreciated. In the past I have slaved away in the kitchen making homemade mozzerella sticks and deep frying mini corn dogs (this was way before I changed my eating habits). But, these days I’m trying to understand the game a bit more and at least pretend like I’m watching, so I’m all about the quick football snacks. All you need for this Creamy Black Bean & Avocado Dip is a food processor and 5 minutes. Tortilla chips are a favorite of mine, but it can also be enjoyed with crackers or veggies.Print
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 extra large avocado, pit and peel removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Diced jalapeno, to taste
- Optional garnishes: cilantro leaves, diced tomato, jalapeno slices
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until everything is combined. Serve with chips, crackers or vegetables.