A delicious and easy Mexican meal filled with healthy veggies!
It’s September! School is back in session and if you’re lucky, the weather is starting to cool down a bit. It’s still in the 100s here, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that cooler weather comes my way soon 🙂 Today I’m joining with some other awesome bloggers to celebrate September produce!
I feel like September is a time to use up the rest of your summer produce, but also cook hearty, comforting meals. I hope these Enchilada Style Veggie Burritos are just that.
These burritos are packed with zucchini, peppers, onions and kale. There’s also some beans and cheese in there for protein and then they’re baked to deliciousness with enchilada sauce. They’re the perfect mix between enchiladas and burritos 🙂
This recipe makes 6 pretty good sized burritos so it’s perfect if you have a big family. And, if not, they’re great to eat as leftovers for lunch during the week. Lately, I’ve been loving making big batch dinners and then eating the leftovers for dinner the next few nights. It makes weeknight dinners really easy!
Don’t forget to check out the other delicious recipes below that all highlight September produce! And make sure to check out Becky’s awesome list of everything that is in season this month 🙂Print
An easy and healthy Mexican dinner that your whole family will love!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 large tortillas
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups grated cheese, divided
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, onion, red pepper, zucchini, salt, pepper and spices. Cook for 7 minutes and then add kale and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spread 1/3 cup refried beans in the middle of your tortilla and top with 1/4 cup cheese and 1/6 of the veggie mixture. Fold the sides of the tortilla in and then roll up tightly. Place burrito in the pan and repeat with the remaining 5 tortillas.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce over the burritos and top with 1/2 cup cheese. Bake burritos until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through, 15-20 minutes. Garnish with your favorite burrito toppings and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1343 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Small Batch Cherry Tomato Jam by Flavor the Moments
Grilled Eggplant with Goat Cheese Polenta and Basil Pesto by Floating Kitchen
Hazelnut Zucchini Bread by Vintage Mixer
Balsamic Sausage Tortellni Bake by JoyFoodSunshine
Baked Enchilada Style Veggie Burritos by She Likes Food
Peach and Tomato Salsa with Pan Seared Tofu by Letty’s Kitchen