This Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad with Avocado is easy to throw together, flavorful and refreshing! The cilantro lime dressing is creamy and goes perfectly with the fresh cucumber, avocados and tomatoes. Chickpeas add some protein and nice texture to make this salad a little more filling. Enjoy as a summer side dish or stuff into a pita for a light lunch!
Happy Summer Solstice! Today is the official first day of summer and the longest day of the year. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate this day, than with a big bowl of this Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad with Avocado. It’s bursting with fresh summer flavors and the perfect dish to bring to potluck to share.
Why You’ll Love This Cilantro Lime Avocado Cucumber Salad!
- The dressing is so good – The cilantro lime dressing is easy to make, but packs a real flavor punch! I could seriously drink it from the blender it tastes so good.
- It’s garden fresh – If you’re growing cilantro, cucumber and tomatoes in your garden this summer, this salad will be so easy to make and taste super fresh and delicious.
- It’s easy to make – All you need to do is chop of some vegetables and blend the dressing together. It takes just about 10-15 minutes from start to finish.
Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad with Avocado Recipe Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cucumber – Cucumber is fresh and has a great flavor. I love adding it to all my salads, especially in the summer time. I like to use English cucumbers because the seeds are smaller and they have a thinner skin, but regular cucumbers can also be used.
- Tomatoes – I used grape tomatoes but you can use cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes that have been diced up.
- Avocado – Avocado adds creaminess and goes really well with the cilantro lime dressing.
- Red Onion – I love red onion because the taste and color, but any onion can be used in this salad.
- Chickpeas – Chickpeas add a little protein and some nice texture to balance out all the crunchiness from the fresh veggies. You could also use white beans instead of chickpeas.
- Cilantro Lime Dressing – The cilantro lime dressing is what gives this salad so much delicious flavor. It’s made using olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, dijon mustard, maple syrup and salt and pepper.
How To Make This Easy Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad with Avocado
- Start by making the cilantro lime dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a blender, or food processor, and blend until completely combined into a smooth sauce. Give it a taste and add extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- To a large bowl, add the sliced cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, avocado and chickpeas. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together well. If desired, mix in some extra chopped fresh cilantro before serving. Serve salad immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- The dressing recipe does make a little more than you might need for this salad, but I love mixing it all together so there’s extra in the bottom of the bowl because it’s so good! You can pour the dressing on slowly and just mix in how much you desire.
Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this salad vegan? Yes!
- Is there gluten in this recipe? No!
- Can this salad be made ahead of time? Yes, this salad can be made a few hours in advance. The cucumbers will get a little less crisp the longer the salad sits for, but it should hold up a few days in the refrigerator.
- Will the avocados brown? There is a lot of fresh lime juice in the dressing, so that should keep the avocados from browning too soon.
- How should this cucumber salad be served? It can be served as a side dish, a dip for corn chips or you can even stuff it into a pita and enjoy it for lunch.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!