Crispy chickpeas are one of the best snacks ever! They’re crunchy and salty, but unlike potato chips, they actually have some nutritional value! They contain 6 grams of protein per 1/2 cup of chickpeas and are also made with heart healthy olive oil. Now, if that doesn’t mean you can feel good about eating this delicious snack then I don’t know what does 🙂
They’re also really easy to make with no deep fryer needed. You can bake them right up in the oven and they get so crispy! And, you can really make them taste like anything. I made these BBQ Roasted Chickpeas a few months ago that were super tasty and my friend Annie has these Ranch Roasted Chickpeas on her blog that sound amazing!
Basically, the world is your chickpea when it comes to all the creative flavorings you can add to your roasted chickpeas! But, I gotta say that these Taco Roasted Chickpeas are pretty dang good. If you know me at all you know how much I love my tacos, so it was only a matter of time before I poured some homemade taco seasoning all over my roasted chickpeas.Print
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dryed
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees fierenheit. Toss the chickpeas, olive oil and salt together on a large sheet-pan and bake until crispy, about 30 minutes, flipping a few times.
- While the chickpeas are baking add all the taco seasoning ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
- Once chickpeas are crispy, remove from the oven and toss with the taco seasoning. There should be enough oil to allow the taco seasoning to stick to the chickpeas, but if most of it cooked off you can add a little more oil to the chickpeas to ensure the seasoning sticks.
- Chickpeas are best enjoyed warm, straight out of the oven.
2 tablespoons of oil will make the chickpeas crispier, but you can also use only 1 tablespoon if you would like and they will still taste great!