This Curried Vegetable Pot Pie is such a flavorful and delicious comfort food meal!
Not to talk about the weather all the time, but it’s still so hot here! We had one week that wasn’t in the 90s and now it’s back up and I’m not happy about it. It doesn’t feel like fall at all and I’m still rocking my shorts, tank tops and sandals 🙁
That being said, I’m still enjoying eating fall foods and this Curried Vegetable Pot Pie is one of my favorites!
Pot pie is one of those recipes that I don’t make as much as I should because I forget how easy it is. Although, I definitely wouldn’t call it a fancy dish, it does seem like it would take a lot of time and energy. But, I’ve got good news because it’s actually pretty easy!
You can make this pot pie super easy by using a store-bought pie crust, but I made this coconut oil pie crust from Oh My Veggies and it only took a few minutes. And, it just happened to be one of the flakiest, most delicious pie crusts I’ve ever eaten 🙂
Now, I wouldn’t exactly call this pot pie the healthiest recipe I’ve ever made, the sauce is pretty rich, but it’s such a delicious comfort food meal and it’s packed with tons of veggies.
The list of veggies you can add is really endless. I chose my favorites and ones that I thought would go well with the curry: potato, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, onion and carrots. Feel free to omit any you don’t like and add any other ones that you love.
I hope you enjoy my Curried Vegetable Pot Pie and that it keeps you warm and comforted this season!Print
A delicious and comforting vegetable pot pie with a kick from the curry!
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup flour, gluten free or regular
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 large unbaked pie crusts, I used this recipe for coconut oil pie crust and doubled it
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and cauliflower to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Next, add the broccoli and peas and cook for another 10 minutes. Vegetables should be fork tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and onions. Cook onions for 2-3 minutes, until softened, and then add the flour. Stir mixture together until it resembles a thick paste.
- Next, add in the vegetable broth, milk, curry powder, salt, pepper and celery seed. Cook mixture, stirring often, until thickened and coats the back of a spoon, 10-15 minutes.
- Add vegetables to sauce and mix until combined.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a large baking dish and then pour vegetable mixture in. Top with second pie crust. Press the edges of the pie crusts together and cut any excess off. Poke a few air holes in the top of the pie crust and bake pot pie until pie crust is cooked through, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy! Top with fresh parsley, if desired.