These Easy Apple Pie Bites are perfect for when you’re craving apple pie but don’t want to make one!
- 2-3 large apples, peeled cored and sliced into about 8 slices each
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch or arrowroot
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or egg wash if not making vegan
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar, for topping if desired
- 1 double pie crust, store-bought or homemade (I used my Perfect Coconut Oil Pie Crust Recipe)
- Your favorite dip, ice cream or whipped cream (I used my Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Add the coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and mix until combined. Next, add the apple slices and stir until all apple slices are equally coated.
- Roll out pie crust to about 1/8 inch thick. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out pie crust. Place one slice of apple in the middle of the pie crust and then carefully fold around the apple until the dough in the middle of the apple is touching and press together.
- Place apple pie bites on a large baking sheet topped with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Brush the top of each with almond milk and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake apple pie bites until pie crust is baked through and apples are fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Best when served warm with your favorite topping.