This Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce is made with just three ingredients: tahini, maple syrup and (vegan) butter! It’s perfect for drizzling all over your favorite dessert!
I don’t know about you but when it comes to picking a sauce for my ice cream sundae or deciding what I’m going to drizzle all over my favorite piece of pie, it’s always caramel sauce! I actually made this Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce last year as part of another recipe but it was so good I wanted it to have its own post!
There’s so many awesome things about this Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce: it takes about five minutes to make, it contains tahini which is one of my favorite things, and besides tahini there’s only two other ingredients!
There’s no candy thermometer required. You don’t have to stand there over a pot of sugar waiting for something magical to happen, you just put all the ingredients into a pan, heat, stir and then let cool for a few minutes for it to thicken up!
I’ve made regular caramel once and it gave me lots of anxiety and there was more than one moment I was sure I had ruined everything. It ended up turning out in the end but I gotta say that I like this Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce much better!
It’s perfect for drizzling over your favorite ice cream or slice of pie. It’s also great to use as a dip for fruit or cookies. Or you can drizzle it over Roasted Sweet Potatoes like I did in the photo above! So good! You can really use it anyway you want and I don’t think you’ll be dissapointed!
Recipe tips for this Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce:
- It’s a good idea to taste your tahini first and make sure you love it. Some brands of tahini are a little bitter and it’s best not to use a bitter tahini for this recipe.
- You want to use pure maple syrup for this recipe, not an artificially sweetened one.
- Once all the ingredients have melted together they will be a little runny since they’re hot, but if you let the caramel cool for 5-10 minutes it will thicken up a bit and get a really nice caramely texture.
- I store my caramel in the refrigerator and then let sit on the counter for about 30 minutes before using to loosen up a little bit.
This Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce is made using tahini, maple syrup and vegan butter! It’s so easy to make and perfect for all your dessert needs!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until all ingredients are melted together, 3-5 minutes.
- Caramel sauce will thicken up if you let it sit off the heat for about 10 minutes. Enjoy on your favorite desserts!
Recipe makes about 1 cup of caramel