These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Maple Butter will melt in your mouth and are perfect for a delicious vegan side dish!
Thanksgiving week is finally here and I have one last recipe to share with you! These Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Maple Butter might just be my favorite side dish yet.
I originally made this tahini maple butter a few months ago and I’m really not sure why it’s taken me so long to share the recipe with you. It’s one of the most delicious things I’ve ever tasted, seriously 🙂 It’s really more like a caramel sauce than a butter because it’s thick and amazing but it’s not what I would call a traditional caramel.
It’s no secret that I love sweet potatoes, so I wanted to give you a really decedent sweet potato side dish for the holidays and I’m pretty sure that these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini Maple Butter are just that.
The sweet potatoes are roasted until caramelized and soft, then they are topped with this creamy, slightly sweet and slightly nutty sauce. Seriously, I can’t tell you enough how amazing this sauce is. I also topped mine with a little fresh thyme and some flaky sea salt to make them ever more special 🙂
Am I the only one who can’t believe that Thanksgiving is just a few days away? It’s always a bit strange when it’s warmer around the winter holidays but this year it seems warmer than ever and I’m not loving it. The mornings and evenings have been pretty nice so I guess that makes up for a little bit.
I’ll be taking the day off on Thursday, so I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We still don’t know what our plans our but I know there will be delicious food involved! Be safe and have fun 🙂Print
An easy side dish that’s also delicious and decedant!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, vegan or regular
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Fresh thyme leaves and flaky sea salt, if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the sliced sweet potatoes into a large baking dish and rub each side with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake sweet potatoes until cooked through and starting to caramelize, 45-50 mins, flipping once.
- Add the maple syrup, butter, tahini and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, until combined and creamy. You can also heat in the microwave.
- When ready to serve, top each sweet potato with desired amount of tahini maple butter and fresh thyme and sea salt.
Get the other recipes on my vegetarian/vegan Thanksgiving menu!