These Easy Apple Pie Bites are perfect for a fun appetizer or quick and easy dessert! They’re perfect dipped into my Vegan Caramel Sauce!
Are you ever craving apple pie but don’t feel like going to the trouble of making an entire apple pie from scratch? If so, then these Easy Apple Pie Bites are just what you need! They taste just like apple pie but take much less time and you can make as many or as little as you want.
We got snow here last weekend and it’s been really cold. After having lived in the desert for the past 5 years I am fully embracing the cold weather and really loving the snow!
Before, I kinda forced myself to make holiday recipes and baked goods but it never really felt right when the weather was still warm. But, this year I’ve been loving making all the holiday recipes and baked goods!
There’s just something about cold weather that makes you want to bake and these Easy Apple Pie Bites are the perfect weekend baking project 🙂
In this recipe I used my Perfect Coconut Oil Pie Crust and it worked really well. I also dipped them into my Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce because apple pie and caramel sauce go together perfectly! You could also enjoy these Easy Apple Pie Bites over ice cream or whipped cream.
Have you all figured out your holiday menus yet? Since it’s just my husband, myself and our 2 year old for both Thanksgiving and Christmas I think we are going to go pretty low key for Thanksgiving and then maybe do a little more for Christmas. But, we are definitely going to have a full meal with dessert!
Recipe tips for Easy Apple Pie Bites:
- You can use either homemade or store-bought pie crust for these. If making vegan just make sure to use a vegan pie crust.
- I enjoyed dipping mine into a homemade caramel sauce but you could also serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- I’ve been loving using my non-stick baking mat this season, but you could also use parchment paper if you like.
- I also like using a fairly large baking sheet so you can bake them all at the same time instead of in batches.
These Easy Apple Pie Bites are perfect for when you’re craving apple pie but don’t want to make one!
- 2–3 large apples, peeled cored and sliced into about 8 slices each
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch or arrowroot
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or egg wash if not making vegan
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar, for topping if desired
- 1 double pie crust, store-bought or homemade (I used my Perfect Coconut Oil Pie Crust Recipe)
- Your favorite dip, ice cream or whipped cream (I used my Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Add the coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a large bowl and mix until combined. Next, add the apple slices and stir until all apple slices are equally coated.
- Roll out pie crust to about 1/8 inch thick. Use a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut out pie crust. Place one slice of apple in the middle of the pie crust and then carefully fold around the apple until the dough in the middle of the apple is touching and press together.
- Place apple pie bites on a large baking sheet topped with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Brush the top of each with almond milk and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake apple pie bites until pie crust is baked through and apples are fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Best when served warm with your favorite topping.