I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Today we are stuffing California Ripe Olives with goat cheese! Black olives stuffed with goat cheese! Are you guys as excited as I am about this?! Not only do I love black olives but they are my secret weapon when making a dish that I don’t want to share with my husband. He doesn’t quite like black olives as much as I do, so when I add them to a recipe I know that I will get to eat the entire thing myself. And trust me, you will not want to share these goat cheese stuffed black olives with anyone!
Black olives have always been a favorite snack of mine and I make sure to have at least a few cans in my cupboard at all times. There are zero grams of trans fat in each serving of black olives and they are cholesterol free, which pretty much means that you can eat as many as you want without feeling guilty about it! California Ripe Olives are packaged at their peak which preserves the nutrients and makes them taste delicious all year round! Click here to learn more about the benefits!
Mediterranean food is one of my favorite types of food because it is always so light and flavorful. I can eat a Mediterranean salad that is the size of my head for lunch and not feel like I need an afternoon nap immediately afterwards, which is always a good thing!
Black olives are a great ingredient to keep around the house because they go so well in so many different dishes. They add a delicious salty bite to everything you throw them into! Click here to find out how to incorporate olives into your everyday cooking!
I’m a huge appetizer person so I decided to make these Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Olive Mediterranean Kabobs. I will devour pretty much anything you can eat in one bite or eat off a stick, so these didn’t last very long under my supervision! These kabobs can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few hours so they are great for taking to parties.
California Ripe Olives is giving away a Midsummer Mediterranean Giveaway, for a chance to win a fabulous prize package to enjoy tasty flavors this season and beyond, click here.Print
- 1 (6 ounce) can California Black Ripe Olives
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened (herbed or regular)
- 1 large cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- 15-20 4 inch skewers
- Place the softened goat cheese into a pastry bag fitted with a medium sized tip (about the same size as the olive opening). Gently fill each olive with goat cheese.
- Assemble the kabobs by alternating between olives and other vegetable pieces. Layer vegetables in whatever pattern you like.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over kabobs just before serving.