This Lemon Garlic Pasta comes together in under 30 minutes and is so easy to make! It had a creamy lemon garlic sauce and can be enjoyed with any leafy greens you like!
I originally made this Lemon Garlic Pasta as part of one of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenges. Lemon and garlic is such a classic flavor combonation and it also goes really well with pasta. This dish is also great because you can add in any leafy greens you have on hand!
We eat a lot of pasta in our house and sometimes I get a little sick of the same old pasta and red sauce. This Lemon Garlic Pasta is tossed with a creamy sauce made with olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and garlic. It’s great for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
LEMON GARLIC PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Pasta – You can use any kind of pasta you want for this recipe. I used rigatoni because I love how the sauce can get stuck in the little ridges on the outside of the pasta. The lemon garlic sauce would also be great on spaghetti noodles!
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps to loosen the sauce up and adds some richness. If you don’t want to use olive oil you could just add in some reserved pasta water.
- Nutritional yeast – The nutritional yeast gives the sauce a creamy texture and cheesy taste. If you don’t need to make this recipe vegan you can use grated parmesan cheese instead.
- Lemons – It’s important to use fresh lemons for this recipe! You don’t want to use the store-bought lemon juice that comes in the little plastic lemon container. You also want to use the zest so make sure you zest the lemon before you juice it.
- Garlic – I put to use 2 cloves of garlic in the recipe but you can really use however much you want! I say, the more garlic the better 🙂
- Kale – I used kale because that’s what I had on hand but you could use any leafy green you like. Spinach or broccoli would be great!
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT LEMON GARILC PASTA
There are only a few steps to making this delicious lemon garlic pasta and they’re all easy!
- Start by bringing a large pot to a boil and adding in your pasta. If you’re using broccoli, you can add in your broccoli florets to the boiling pasta water when the pasta is about 4-5 minutes from being done.
- Make your sauce while the pasta is cooking. Just add the oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, zest and salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Drain pasta and add it back to the pot. Add in your kale or spinach immediately and stir so the heat can help wilt it.
- Pour sauce over pasta and kale and mix until combined. Season to taste with more salt and pepper and enjoy! So easy!
RECIPE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I make this oil free? I would suggest swapping the oil for some reserved pasta water. The sauce will probably be a little less rich tasting but still good!
- Can I use something besides kale? Yes! I would suggest broccoli, spinach, peas or asparagus but really any vegetables you have on hand would be great additions.
- Can I use spaghetti noodles? Of course! That would be so good!
- How long do the leftovers keep in the refrigerator? I would suggest storing them in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- How do you suggest re-heating this lemon garlic pasta? I would either re-heat in the microwave for a minute or two or you can heat on the stovetop in a skillet.
This Lemon Garlic Pasta is super flavorful and easy to make!
- 16 ounces pasta, your favorite kind
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2–3 cups diced kale leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Add your pasta and cook according to package directions. Make the lemon garlic sauce while pasta is cooking. Add olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- When pasta is finished cooking drain and add back to the pot. Immediately add the kale and sauce and stir until completely combined. Serve and enjoy!