This Lemon Garlic Pasta comes together in under 30 minutes and is so easy to make! It had a creamy lemon garlic sauce and can be enjoyed with any leafy greens you like!
I originally made this Lemon Garlic Pasta as part of one of my 30 Minute Dinner Challenges. Lemon and garlic is such a classic flavor combonation and it also goes really well with pasta. This dish is also great because you can add in any leafy greens you have on hand!
We eat a lot of pasta in our house and sometimes I get a little sick of the same old pasta and red sauce. This Lemon Garlic Pasta is tossed with a creamy sauce made with olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and garlic. It’s great for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
LEMON GARLIC PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Pasta – You can use any kind of pasta you want for this recipe. I used rigatoni because I love how the sauce can get stuck in the little ridges on the outside of the pasta. The lemon garlic sauce would also be great on spaghetti noodles!
- Olive oil – Olive oil helps to loosen the sauce up and adds some richness. If you don’t want to use olive oil you could just add in some reserved pasta water.
- Nutritional yeast – The nutritional yeast gives the sauce a creamy texture and cheesy taste. If you don’t need to make this recipe vegan you can use grated parmesan cheese instead.
- Lemons – It’s important to use fresh lemons for this recipe! You don’t want to use the store-bought lemon juice that comes in the little plastic lemon container. You also want to use the zest so make sure you zest the lemon before you juice it.
- Garlic – I put to use 2 cloves of garlic in the recipe but you can really use however much you want! I say, the more garlic the better 🙂
- Kale – I used kale because that’s what I had on hand but you could use any leafy green you like. Spinach or broccoli would be great!
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT LEMON GARILC PASTA
There are only a few steps to making this delicious lemon garlic pasta and they’re all easy!
- Start by bringing a large pot to a boil and adding in your pasta. If you’re using broccoli, you can add in your broccoli florets to the boiling pasta water when the pasta is about 4-5 minutes from being done.
- Make your sauce while the pasta is cooking. Just add the oil, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, zest and salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Drain pasta and add it back to the pot. Add in your kale or spinach immediately and stir so the heat can help wilt it.
- Pour sauce over pasta and kale and mix until combined. Season to taste with more salt and pepper and enjoy! So easy!
RECIPE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can I make this oil free? I would suggest swapping the oil for some reserved pasta water. The sauce will probably be a little less rich tasting but still good!
- Can I use something besides kale? Yes! I would suggest broccoli, spinach, peas or asparagus but really any vegetables you have on hand would be great additions.
- Can I use spaghetti noodles? Of course! That would be so good!
- How long do the leftovers keep in the refrigerator? I would suggest storing them in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- How do you suggest re-heating this lemon garlic pasta? I would either re-heat in the microwave for a minute or two or you can heat on the stovetop in a skillet.