This Lemon Raspberry Baked Oatmeal is sweet and tart! It’s perfect for a healthy and delicious make ahead breakfast that is really easy to make!
There are a few things that I really love about baked oatmeal, it’s super easy to make! You literally just add all the ingredients to a bowl, mix, pour into a baking dish and then bake. Easy as that!
Baked oatmeal is great for meal prep. It keeps really well in the refrigerator or the freezer and is so easy to just grab in the morning. I honestly don’t even heat mine up before digging in.
I usually make baked oatmeal cups when I’m doing my breakfast meal prep because they come out perfectly portioned. But, today I felt like mixing it up and decided to just do one big pan of baked oatmeal instead. If you like, you can make baked oatmeal cups out of this recipe and you’ll get about 12-15.
Another thing I love about baked oatmeal is that it’s really healthy and you can pack it with all the extras you like! I have a vegan (no eggs needed!) base recipe that I always use and then I just add in whatever I’m feeling like that day.
I thought raspberries and lemon would be a great flavor combo for the summer. The lemon is tart and the raspberries are sweet and they compliment each other so nicely. Not to mention how gorgeous the raspberries are when they’re baked 🙂
I also make my baked oatmeal refined sugar free by only using a small amount of coconut sugar and pure maple syrup. I get a lot of questions about leaving those ingredients out completely and although I haven’t tried it myself, I think it would work great! Thankfully, this baked oatmeal recipe is pretty forgiving when it comes to subbing ingredients and leaving them out.
I hope you all enjoy this Lemon Raspberry Baked Oatmeal! It’s one of my favorite quick, easy and healthy make ahead breakfast recipes!Print
This Lemon Raspberry Baked Oatmeal is tart and sweet and perfect for a healthy make ahead breakfast!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats, gluten free certified if necessary
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, or more if you like!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped raspberries, you could use fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients and mix again. I like to save about 1/2 cup of raspberries to place on the top of the oatmeal, it makes it pretty!
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and pour in oatmeal mixture. Use a spatula to smooth out the top and place in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake oatmeal until cooked through and mostly firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
I store my baked oatmeal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I enjoy eating mine cold, but if you want you can re-heat in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Or, re-heat in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
Baked oatmeal can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you want to make baked oatmeal cups out of this recipe, just use a 1/4 scoop to scoop the batter into your oatmeal tin and bake at the same temperature for about 20-25 mins. This recipe will make about 12-15 oatmeal cups.