These Roasted Sweet Peppers are a quick, easy and healthy appetizer that everyone will love! They’re dipped in a creamy goat cheese dip to make them even more special.
Can you believe it’s almost Christmas?? I feel like I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had time to appreciate the holiday season. I did want to leave you with one last recipe before the end of the year though! These Roasted Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese Dip are so easy to make and even easier to eat 🙂 I ate the entire plate in one sitting haha!
These Roasted Sweet Peppers would be great for a last minute holiday appetizer or even a vegetable side dish on your Christmas dinner table. I paired them with a creamy goat cheese dip and I think you will be pleasantly surprised how delicious they are!
What You’ll Need For Roasted Sweet Peppers Recipe
- Sweet Peppers – You can usually find a big bag of sweet peppers in the produce section of the grocery store. If you’ve never had them before, they’re sweet and crunchy and remind me of a sweeter version of a red or yellow bell pepper. Their skin is also much thinner so they’re easier to eat. They do have seeds inside of them but not very many and you don’t even notice them once they’re roasted.
- Olive Oil – You can use any oil you like, but I always have olive oil on hand and love using it for roasted vegetables.
- Salt – The salt helps give lots of flavor and really comes out once they’re roasted. However, you can skip the salt if you’re trying to cut back on it.
- Goat Cheese Dip – The goat cheese dip is totally optional but it’s really easy to make and I just love the flavor combination of roasted sweet peppers and goat cheese.
How To Make Roasted Sweet Peppers
They couldn’t be easier to make! All you have to do is toss the peppers on a Sheetpan with the olive oil and salt and then roast them at 400 degrees until they’re soft and nicely charred. I like mine to be really charred because that gives them tons of flavor, but you can take yours out as soon as they are to your liking.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! We have a pretty low key Christmas and New Years planned but I’m looking forward to taking a few days off to just hang with the family. I’m really looking forward to the posts that I have planned for you in January, so stay tuned! Happy Holidays!Print
These Roasted Sweet Peppers are so easy to make and really delicious dipped into a creamy goat cheese dip!
- 1 medium sized bag mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 1/2 cup softened goat cheese
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk, or almond milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry sweet peppers and then, on a large baking sheet, toss them together with the olive oil and salt. Bake peppers until brown and caramelized, 25-30 minutes.
- Make the goat cheese dip while peppers are roasting. Add all ingredients to a blender, or food processor, and blend until creamy. Pour into a small bowl and serve along side the roasted sweet peppers.
This recipe can easily be cut down or doubled.