Tis the season for sides! Last week I shared with you my favorite homemade baked bean recipe and today I’m sharing my new favorite potato salad recipe! I’ve always loved potato salad but have usually done a very traditional one with mustard, hard-boiled eggs and a few vegetables.
This salt and vinegar potato salad is definitely not your traditional favorite salad but will soon be your favorite! I really love salt and vinegar potato chips because they are so tangy and have such a great flavor, so I figured it only made sense to make a salt and vinegar potato salad! Potatoes can be kind of bland by themselves so the vinegar really wakes them up and gives this potato salad such an amazing taste that you are sure to love 🙂Print
- 3 large russet potatoes, diced (about 9 cups when diced)
- 2–3 cups distilled white vinegar*
- 1 cup vegan mayo, or regular mayo (I love using Just Mayo)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Place the diced potatoes in a large pot and pour vinegar in. Cover the rest of the potatoes with water, about 5 -6 cups. Bring potatoes to a boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer potatoes until fork tender, about 25 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining potato salad ingredients and make sure everything is evenly mixed together. Potato salad can be served immediately or chilled until ready to serve.
*Use 2 cups for a more mild vinegar taste and 3 cups for a more intense taste.