Apparently I really want you guys to try this delicious green dressing! I originally made it to use as a dip for these grilled potatoes but it was so good I can’t stop putting it on all the things. It is packed with fresh herbs and you can’t get much brighter than this beautiful green color, and we all know that green food tastes better 🙂
I’m beginning to realize that I have a slightly obsessive personality. When I discover a new album that I love, I listen to it over and over again until I have the entire playlist memorized and I know exactly what song is going to come next . I’ve seen every episode of Friends about 1,000 times each and I still get excited when I come across an episode playing on t.v. And when I discover a new food that I love, you better bet I eat it every single day for about a month.
So, when I first tried this green herbed dressing I knew that its place in life wasn’t just on grilled potatoes. I put it all over my pizza and my mouth is watering just thinking about how good it tasted . I dipped french fries into it and it was 100 times better than ketchup. And my life wouldn’t have been complete if I hadn’t poured it all over this taco salad. I eat a salad similar to this one at least once a week. It doesn’t always include these exact ingredients, but it does always have some greens, beans and a delicious homemade dressing. This herb dressing is perfect for this taco salad because it contains a lot of cilantro and citrus which really compliment the southwestern taco flavors well.
As much as I can’t help myself from turning on the oven a few times in the summer, quick throw together lunches like this are what summer is all about. This taco salad is a great way to put those garden vegetables to use and to add a little southwestern flare to your meals!Print
This salad can either be made as a large portion to feed multiple people or as a single serving size to feed one person. I have listed the ingredients below, but I will leave the amounts up to you. Let me know if you have any questions!
- Your favorite greens
- Black Beans
- Grilled corn or regular corn kernels – see grilled corn recipe below
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Tortilla chips
- Citrus Herded Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 whole green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Compile all of your taco salad ingredients together and top with desired amount of dressing.
- Peel the corn husks about halfway down and remove the silk. Fold husks back up around the corn cob. Submerge in water for about 30 minutes. Heat a grill to medium heat. Shake off excess water and place each ear of corn on the grill until corn kernels are cooked through and slightly charred on the outside. Let corn cool and then carefully use a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the the cob.