These really are The Best Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls! They’re soft, delicious and vegan too! Perfect for a special breakfast!
This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that support me!
You guys, I’m really proud of this recipe! I mean, I like all the recipes I share with you, but perfecting the best gluten free cinnamon rolls has been a project of mine for a while now. When I started this blog (almost exactly 3 years ago!) I was not a baker at all. I baked a little bit before I started eating gluten free, but once I went gluten free all the baking went out the window.
Except for this one recipe that used a gluten free cake mix 🙂 But, fast forward 3 years and I’m presenting you with the best gluten free cinnamon rolls! They’re soft, fluffy, cinnamon-y and they just happen to be vegan too.
There are a few steps involved with these cinnamon rolls, but all of them are pretty easy. You just make the dough, roll it out, sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar, roll it up, slice it and pack it into a skillet. Then 20 minutes later you have the best gluten free cinnamon rolls you’ve ever eaten! I’ve raved about Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour before, and it’s still the only flour I use for baking.
I’ve used this flour in so many recipes and love it because it’s all you need. You don’t need to use 20 different types of flours that are hard to find and that you’ll never use again. I’ve used it in creating my own recipes as well as subbing it in recipes that call for regular flour and it works great every single time!
It’s made with sweet rice flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sweet white sorghum flour and xantham gum. It makes these cinnamon rolls light and fluffy and so delicious! They’re great for a holiday or weekend breakfast and I’m certain that your non-gluten free friends will love them too!Print
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or other favorite kind of milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted non-dairy butter, or regular butter
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package rapid-rise instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted non-dairy butter, or regular butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Add the almond milk and butter to a medium sized pot and heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool to the temperature of bath water (about 110 degrees F). Once cooled, add the yeast, stir, and let sit for 10 minutes. Then, add the sugar, salt and vanilla extract and let sit for another minute.
- Add the flour to the milk mixture 1/2 cup at a time and stir well in between each addition. Add flour until dough forms a ball that isn’t sticky. You may need to add a few more tablespoons of flour or you may not need the entire 4 cups. Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Cover a large cutting board or counter top with plastic wrap and then lightly flour it (You will probably need to overlap two pieces of plastic wrap). Roll dough out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick and 20×15 inches wide. Cut the edges off so that they are straight.
- Spread the dough with the softened butter and then evenly sprinkle it with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Use the plastic wrap to roll dough (long side) into a cinnamon roll. Cut roll into pieces that are 1 inch thick and place into a medium sized cast iron skillet or oven safe dish. Bake cinnamon rolls for about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- While cinnamon rollls are baking, add the glaze ingredients to a small bowl and mix until smooth. Top cooked cinnamon rolls with desired amount of glaze. Cinnamon rolls are best when eaten immediately. They can be re-heated and eaten later as well, but best when served warm.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker
You might also enjoy these Orange Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls!