Ranch dressing: you either love it, hate it or hate that you love it so much. I’m definitely the third one. When I was much younger I went through an Italian dressing phase. It was Wishbone Italian dressing and I put it on everything; pizza, pasta, mashed potatoes and burritos. I purposely left out salad there because I didn’t have much of a salad tooth growing up.
I was pretty particular about my Italian dressing and have a very clear memory of flipping my mother off in the salad dressing isle because she wouldn’t get me the kind I wanted. I’m pretty sure I got an hour in my room for that! The ranch phase came after the Italian dressing one and lasted for quite a while. These days you won’t find me in the salad dressing isle because I’m pretty obsessed with making my own salad dressings and they are much better than the store bought stuff.
I usually just make a quick dressing using olive oil, lemon juice and liquid aminos but today I decided to go all out and make this delicious, creamy jalapeno ranch dressing! It is so creamy and has a bit of a kick from the jalapeno and is the perfect dressing for a taco salad, which is exactly what I have been using it for lately.
Check back on Thursday when I’m sharing my favorite Sweet Potato Taco Salad with this amazing Vegan Jalapeno Ranch Dressing!Print
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the cashews, almond milk and apple cider in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Add all of the remaining ingredients and blend again until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Enjoy on all of your favorite foods that you would enjoy ranch dressing with!
*You can add more jalapeno if you would like it spicier.
Makes about 3 cups. Will stay good in your refrigerator for 5-7 days.