These Vegan Taco Bowls are the perfect way to enjoy a super loaded taco without all the toppings falling out! They’re easy to make and really customizable!
Everyone loves tacos and you may be wondering why I deconstructed the taco into a bowl instead of just adding all these ingredients inside of a taco shell. These Vegan Taco Bowls have been my go-to dinner all summer long and I don’t think that is going to change anytime soon!
Why Make Vegan Taco Bowls Instead Of A Regular Taco?
There are a few reasons I’m loving these Vegan Taco Bowls:
- As much as I love tacos (which is a whole lot) it can be annoying when I’m trying to load my up with a million toppings and every time I take a bite most of them fall out the end. With these taco bowls you will have none of that happening!
- I also don’t love that in a taco, the toppings get layered on each other so sometimes you get a bite of just the protein (black beans here) and other times you get a bite of just the toppings. With these taco bowls you can get a bite of everything all at once!
- The third, and maybe most important, reason I love these are because they are easy to eat with one hand! I don’t know how you all eat dinner, but these days I am usually forced to eat my dinner with a baby strapped to my chest and although it does happen sometimes, I like to spill as little food on his head as possible 🙂 Tacos are always my go-to quick and easy meal but eating a filled taco with one hand while having a baby strapped to you is not the easiest task!
How To Make A Vegan Taco Bowl
It’s so easy! All I do is make my main filling like I normally would. For these I used zucchini, red pepper, black beans and some seasonings. Then, I chop up my tortilla and warm it on the stove with some olive oil (seasonings optional). I add the bean mixture and tortillas to a bowl and then top it off with all my regular favorite taco toppings.
I find that when I make taco bowls I can fit in a lot more toppings then with a regluar hand held taco! I usually just use a squeeze of fresh lime juice as my “dressing” but you could use your favorite dressing if you like.
Vegan Taco Bowls For Meal Prep
These are great for meal prep! I tend to eat most leftovers cold, since we don’t have a microwave, but if you wanted you could pack the beans and tortillas separate from the toppings and enjoy them warm if you like. These will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If using avocado, add that on just before eating so it doesn’t brown.
I love these Vegan Taco Bowls because they’re so versatile! You can whatever protein you want, pick your favorite toppings and even use crushed up crispy taco shells instead of soft corn tortillas. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! <3Print
These Vegan Taco Bowls are loaded with a flavorful black bean mixture and topped with my favorite taco toppings!
- Olive oil
- 4 medium sized corn tortillas
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: cabbage, tomato, avocado, jalapeno cilantro, lettuce, onion, radish, limes
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add about 1 teaspoon olive oil, zucchini, red pepper and a pinch of salt. Cook vegetables until softened and starting to brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Dice tortillas into bite size pieces and heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 2-3 teaspoons olive oil and the diced tortillas. Cook until tortillas are starting to get crispy, 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble your Vegan Taco Bowls: In each bowl add 1/4 the black bean mixture and 1/4 of the crispy tortillas. Then top off with your favorite taco toppings! Go as crazy as you want 🙂