These Vegan Tacos are easy to make, have great texture and are topped off with a delicious Tahini Cheese Sauce! Perfect for an easy vegan family dinner!
I meant to post these Vegan Tacos last Thursday but then I got sick and it snowed a bunch and I lost all motivated. But, I’m feeling better now and excited to share these Vegan Tacos with you! I made them using the vegan taco meat that I posted last Monday and I think you are going to love them!
I love tacos! So much that I could seriously eat them for every single meal and not get tired of them. There’s so many different ways you can make them and so many delicious toppings to choose from. I usually just use beans as a filling but I love this tofu taco meat because it’s low in carbs but also so filling!
What You’ll Need To Make These Vegan Tacos
- Vegan Taco Meat – For the vegan taco meat you will need tofu, walnuts, spices and tomato paste. It’s so easy to make and if you have leftovers, they’re great for adding to salads or even pasta.
- Tortillas – You can use corn tortillas, flour tortillas or even lettuce wraps to make them really low carb.
- Tahini Cheese Sauce – I’ve been making so much of this tahini cheese sauce lately! It’s such an easy vegan cheese sauce and doesn’t require a heavy duty blender or soaking nuts overnight.
- Taco Toppings – You can top these tacos however you like! I went pretty simple this time and just used avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice.
Kid Friendly Vegan Taco Recipe
I love making recipes that are great for my husband and I but also great for the kids. These Vegan Tacos are perfect for kids! When serving them to my sons, I just do a deconstructed version and serve them some of the tofu, a tortilla and avocado. They love it and it’s healthy!
Recipe Tips For Vegan Tacos
- I like to warm my tortillas in a pan with a little bit of oil before eating them. It makes them more pliable so they won’t break when you fold them and it’s always nice to put warm taco filling into a warm tortilla!
- Go crazy with the toppings! One of my favorite things about tacos is that you can put so many different toppings on them! I like to have something creamy, crunchy and acidic.
- Make sure to taste your tahini before making the tahini cheese dip. I’ve found that some tahini can be really bitter and it will make whatever you use it in bitter also. Try to find a brand that you like and keep using that one!
I’d love to hear what you think below if you give these a try!Print