This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Pretzel Bark is so easy to make and perfect for a daytime snack or evening treat! It’s easily made vegan and gluten free too!
Have you ever had Bark Thins before? This is my recipe for homemade bark thins! You only need two ingredients to make this Chocolate Pretzel Bark and it’s so good! It’s great for day time snacking or an after dinner treat 🙂
Going grocery shopping with a crazy toddler who wants everything he sees and is constantly trying to climb out of the cart and a baby who mostly behaves himself but has been known to fly off the handle without any notice, is stressful to say the least!
I’ve started this delicious tradition where I always pick up a small bag of bark thins for myself while standing in the checkout lane. It’s either a reward for making it through the shopping trip without any tears or if it’s been a terrible trip, it’s a bag of chocolate for me to drown my sorrows in.
Bark Thins are kind of expensive for a little bag so I decided to make my own!
How To Make This Chocolate Pretzel Bark:
- First you chop up your pretzels. You can make them as small or large as you want. It’s a little harder to make an actual sheet of bark if you leave them whole so I would recommend chopping them up a little bit. You can use any shape of pretzels you like. The small rods would work well.
- Next you melt your chocolate. You can either melt your chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. We don’t have a microwave so I just boiled a pot of water, put the chocolate in a glass bowl and placed it over the pot of boiling water. You want the bowl it to be slightly sitting out of the water but covering the opening of the pot. Then you just stir the chocolate until it melts.
- Lastly, you add the chopped pretzels to the melted chocolate, stir until all the pretzels are coated with chocolate and then spread it out on a sheet pan covered with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Place it in the refrigerator until hardened and then break into pieces.
What Kind Of Chocolate Should I Use?
Any kind you like! I used Enjoy Life Foods dairy free chocolate chunks. They’re more of a dark chocolate so they’re not super sweet but also not bitter. You could use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate.
Fun Things To Add To Your Chocolate Pretzel Bark:
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, peanuts)
- Dried Fruit (cranberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots, mango)
- Crushed peppermints
This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Pretzel Bark is so easy to make and perfect for a daytime snack or evening treat!
- 10 ounces chocolate chips, any kind you like
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- Coarse sea salt, optional
- Melt the chocolate. You can melt in a the microwave by putting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds at a time and mixing chocolate in between until chocolate is completely melted. You can also melt chocolate using a double boiler. Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Place a medium sized glass bowl over the pot and add chocolate chips. Stir chocolate chips until melted.
- Add pretzels to the melted chocolate and stir until all the pretzels are completely coated with chocolate. Pour chocolate mixture onto a medium sized baking sheet lined with a non-stick mat or parchment paper. Sprinkle on coarse sea salt, if using and then place in the refrigerator until chocolate is hardened, 30 minutes – 1 hour. Break chocolate pretzel bark apart into desired sizes and enjoy!
Store Chocolate Pretzel Bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bark will stay good in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.