This vegan nicoise salad is filled with tons of veggies for a delicious lunch!
The nicoise salad is a French salad that usually contains hard boiled eggs and some type of fish, but today I’ve added avocado and pesto instead and it’s pretty tasty!
Although there’s not really a main source of protein in this salad I find it pretty filling with the all the veggies and potatoes, but you could always throw some chickpeas in to make it a little more substantial. It’s great for a light lunch or you could make it as a summer BBQ side dish.
When it comes to my salads, I’m really into lots of different textures and flavors. This salad has crunchy, creamy, salty, sweet and pesto-y (That’s an adjective, right?!).
I hope you love this salad as much as I did 🙂
A filling and refreshing salad!
- 4-6 cups butter lettuce
- 4 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large handful green beans
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Add the potatoes to a pot of cold water and boil until fork tender, 15-20 minutes. When potatoes are 1 minute from being done, throw the green beans in the boiling water. Boil for 1 minute and then place in a water ice bath.
- Drain the potatoes, let cool and then cut into wedges. Cut the tomato into large wedges. Slice the avocado and onion.
- Assemble the salad: place the lettuce in a large bowl and top with the potatoes, avocado, green beans, kalamata olives, onion, tomato and pesto. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Salad is best eaten immediately but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you plan on storing it, don’t add the pesto or olive oil until ready to eat.