I’m not super picky when it comes to my coleslaw but I will always choose homemade over store-bought. I’ve found that the coleslaw you buy from the deli counter at the grocery store is usually sopping with mayo and way too sweet.
So, since I love coleslaw so much I’ve tried to master my homemade recipe. My husband is also pretty picky when it comes to his coleslaw, but in the opposite way that I am. He loves the deli counter kind and I’m pretty sure it has something to do with all the sugar in it!
I know a lot of people don’t like their salads loaded with mayo so today I’m sharing a Greek yogurt coleslaw that is really creamy and flavorful. Fourth of July is just around the corner and I think all of your friends will love this Creamy Greek Yogurt Coleslaw! Be safe and have fun 🙂Print
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage*
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage*
- 2 cups shredded carrots*
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons water
- 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Add all of the coleslaw dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined. Add in the cabbage and carrots and stir until everything is coated.
- Coleslaw can be served immediately but is best when refrigerated for a few hours first.
*You could also use ten cups of pre-packaged coleslaw mix.