You know when it’s hot outside and you’re really feeling the summer vibe and you just want to eat everything summery that you can think of all in one big bowl?! Well, this Summer Panzanella Salad with Grilled Corn will certainly satisfy that craving for you!
Panzanella is one of my favorite types of salads because the toasted bread adds some nice crunch while also making it much more filling than a regular salad and you can add in tons of fresh vegetables. It also doesn’t hurt that it is usually topped with a tangy vinaigrette to pull everything together with. This summer version contains a few ingredients that really put it over the top: sweet basil, smoky grilled corn and creamy fresh mozzarella cheese!
If you are like me, you will want to get a taste of everything in one big bite 🙂Print
- 2 ears of grilled corn cut off the cob (grilled corn directions below)
- 4–6 cups diced bread, bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 diced sweet bell pepper, I used orange
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella torn or cut into bite size pieces
- 3 lightly packed tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pull down the corn husks, keeping them in tact, and remove all the corn silk. Pull the corn husks back up around the corn and soak corn for 20 minutes in water. Heat the grill to medium heat. Remove the corn from the water and shake off any excess water. Place the corn on the grill and grill until kernels are cooked through, about 20 minutes, flipping occasionally. Let corn cool and then carefully cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Next add the bread cubes, salt and pepper. Cook bread until crispy and brown on the outside, 10 minutes.
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined. Add the diced vegetables, mozzarella cheese, grilled corn, and toasted bread to a large bowl and stir until combined. Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and stir again. Panzanella salad can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.