These Crispy Baked Tacos with Summer Vegetables are such a great way to enjoy your summer produce! They’re easy to make and delicious for a quick lunch or dinner!
I know it’s not technically summer yet, but it’s currently 94 degrees outside, so I’m gonna just go right ahead with the summer recipes 🙂 I don’t remember it being this hot in April of last year so I’m kind of freaking out about what that means for this summer’s temperatures.
We’re getting way too close to the time of year where I only go outside if I’m getting into a pool or going from the car into the house. It’s safe to say that this is my least favorite time of year.
But, I do love summer produce, so I guess that’s a plus. When I think of summer produce I think of cheap vegetables that are easy to grow haha. Like, zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes. I still haven’t mastered how to grown them in the desert, but I imagine they’re easy to grow other places 🙂
These Crispy Baked Tacos with Summer Vegetables are inspired by one of my most popular recipes, these Crispy Baked Tacos with Sweet Potato and Black Beans. These crispy baked tacos are so easy to make and even easier to eat!
I just sautéed all the veggies up until they were tender, mixed them with some refried beans and then placed them in my corn tortillas. I then pressed them down and baked them in the oven until gold and crispy. These tacos are nice because they also freeze really easily so you can make a bunch at once and then have them later for a super easy dinner!
I didn’t add any cheese to mine but they would also be great with a little grated cheese stuffed inside, regular or vegan. I hope you all are enjoying nice spring weather and not already sweating your butt off like I am!Print
These Crispy Baked Tacos with Summer Vegetables are delicious and so easy to make!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans, I like to use fat free
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, Greek yogurt, cashew cream, hot sauce
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large pan, add olive oil, diced veggies, salt and pepper. Cook veggies until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add veggies to a large mixing bowl, along with the refried beans and spices. Mix until combined.
- Heat corn tortillas until just softened (either in the microwave or on the stovetop) and add about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture to one half of the corn tortilla. Fold the other half over and pat down to make sure everything is sealed in.
- Place the tacos onto a large pan and bake until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes, flipping once.
- Let cool for a few minute and top with your favorite toppings!