These Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Green Tahini Sauce are packed with tons of flavor and they’re so delicious! Even non-vegans will love these amazing tacos!
Not exaggerating when I say that these Crispy Cauliflower Tacos just might be my favorite tacos ever! They’re made with the crispiest baked cauliflower, my favorite Mexican style black beans and the amazing green tahini sauce I posted a few days ago.
I’ve been making this crispy baked cauliflower recipe for a while now and it’s great for so many recipes, especially in tacos! It has a really nice crunch and goes well with all the other flavors we have going on here.
Crispy Cauliflower Taco Recipe Ingredients
- Cauliflower – I just use one medium sized head of regular, white cauliflower for this recipe. You could also use yellow or purple cauliflower, it just might have a slightly different taste.
- Batter – The batter I always use for coating my cauliflower is just made with an equal amount of flour and plant based milk. I then add some seasonings to make sure there’s lots of flavor. For this recipe, I used cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Panko – I love using panko breadcrumbs because they make this cauliflower so crispy! You could use regular breadcrumbs if that is what you have on hand, but I would really recommend using panko if you can.
- Green Tahini Sauce – Remember that Amazing Green Tahini Sauce I posted a few days ago?! These Crispy Cauliflower Tacos are the perfect way to use it! It’s easy to make and adds such a nice fresh flavor.
- Black Beans – I used my Easy Mexican Black Beans that I posted last week in this recipe but regular black beans or canned refried black beans would also work. I used my black bean recipe because it has lots of flavor which makes these tacos even more amazing.
- Tortillas – I used white corn tortillas that I charred up over the gas burner. Any kind of tortilla will work, even flour tortillas. You can heat them in the microwave, in a pan with some oil or char them like I did.
- Additional Toppings – I’m a sucker for lots of taco toppings! In addition to the green tahini sauce and Mexican black beans, I used avocado, tomato, lettuce, onion and cilantro. They were truly amazing!
This Green Tahini Sauce is truly amazing and an important part of this recipe! If you can’t/would rather not make it, I would suggest topping your tacos with some salsa or hot sauce to add some extra flavor.
How To Make Easy Baked Crispy Cauliflower
As I said before, I love making this easy crispy cauliflower and have used it in a few recipes already! Here’s how you make it:
- Start by cutting up your cauliflower into florets. For this recipe, I wanted them to be bite sized so the tacos were easy to eat. You can see the above photo for what size I would recommend cutting them. You can make them into larger florets but they’re not as easy to fit in your mouth while eating your taco.
- Add your flour and all the spices to a large bowl and mix. Then, add the milk and whisk again until a thick batter has formed. Add all of your cauliflower to the bowl with the batter and mix until all pieces of the cauliflower are covered in batter.
- Next, pour your panko over the cauliflower. I like to add 1/2 cup at a time and stir well between each addition. I also like to add some extra salt once I’ve mixed everything up. Make sure all the cauliflower pieces are coated with the breadcrumbs and then pour onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower until browned and crispy, flipping once, about 25 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and carefully add right to your tacos!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe gluten free? No, I use all purpose flour and regular panko to make the crispy cauliflower. If you want to make it gluten free you can simply sub in gluten free AP flour and gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Is this recipe vegan? Yes! Just make sure you use a plant based milk for the batter.
- Does the cauliflower stay crispy if you store leftovers in the refrigerator? It definitely doesn’t stay as crispy but I found that I could still hear it crunching even after refrigerating it. I would suggest re-heating in the oven or in a pan with some oil to help maintain the crispiness.
- How long do leftovers stay good in the refrigerator for? I would say about 4-5 days but just use your judgement and don’t eat if they look or smell funky.
Have a question that I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!