A delicious breakfast side dish that’s really easy to make!
Whenever it’s time for me to put together my #EatSeasonal post, I always look to Becky’s seasonal produce page for inspiration. Sometimes I’m feeling adventurous and I want to use as much produce as I can, and other times I’m feeling a little lazy and want something really easy: cue these Easy Crispy Breakfast Potatoes!
Today I was feeling extra lazy and didn’t even want to go to the store. I wanted to make a recipe using all ingredients that I already had in the house, I wanted it to be easy and I wanted it to be something Eli could enjoy too.
These Easy Crispy Breakfast Potatoes checked off all those boxes. And, another thing that’s great about them is that they’re really versatile so I can use the leftovers in other recipes, like these delicious tacos!
Potatoes are one of my favorite breakfast side dishes so I love boiling a huge batch of potatoes and just having them on hand so I can easily fry them up with some veggies. You can also bulk them up with some beans, tofu or tempeh and make a more substantial breakfast potato hash 🙂
An easy and delicious breakfast side dish!
- 6–7 cups chopped potatoes, I used 6 small potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add diced potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender, about 30 minutes. This step can be done up to 3 day in advance.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, red pepper, onion, potatoes and salt and pepper. Mix until everything is combined and then cover with a lid and cook for about 25-30 minutes, flipping potatoes every 5 minutes. You want them to get a nice golden brown crust on the bottom before each flip. Season with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
Check out these delicious seasonal recipes from a few other awesome bloggers!
*Not all are vegetarian but some can be easily adapted.
Healthy Turkey, Zucchini & Rice Casserole by Cookin’ Canuck
Caramelized Onion Galette by The Vintage Mixer
Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream with Graham Cracker Waffle Cones by Food for My Family
Italian Plum Upsidedown Cake by Suitcase Foodist
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Panzanella Salad by Completely Delicious
Coconut Cherry Cobbler by Kitchen Confidante
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini Boats by Flavor the Moments
Healthy Berry Crisp with a Coconut Oat Crumb Topping by Joy Food Sunshine
Zucchini, Cherry Tomato, and Gorgonzola Bites by Letty’s Kitchen