This Easy Mango Black Bean Salad is great for a side dish or condiment!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! And maybe some of you are lucky enough to have today off too! Last week we re-did our kitchen and living room floor and as diy projects tend to do, it took much longer than expected.
It wasn’t too much of a mess and I did have access to the kitchen, but my in-laws were also visiting (and helping) so I didn’t have much time to cook this week. It was nice being out of the kitchen, but I started to miss home cooked food.
I didn’t have a lot of time this morning so I decided to make something really quick and easy and that requires no cooking at all. I’ve been wanting to make a mango black bean salad for a while now but I never could seem to find mangos that looked good.
Two things I have learned recently: I really love eating mangos and I really hate cutting them up. I feel like someone should have made the seed much smaller so I could enjoy more of the delicious fruit :). Or I just need to get better at cutting them!
This Easy Mango Black Bean Salad is perfect for a refreshing summer side dish and goes great on burgers, tacos and salads!Print
A quick, easy and delicious summer side dish and condiment!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large mangos
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the mangoes and then cut the fruit away from the seed. Dice the fruit into bite size chunks. You can also leave the peel on, cut the fruit off the seed and then scoop it out of the skin and dice it.
- Add the diced mango and all remaining ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix until combined. Serve with chips, if desired.
Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.