These Broccoli Salad Hummus Pitas are easy to make and packed with lots of healthy vegetables! They’re great for a no cook lunch on a hot summer day.
Lately I’ve been trying to cook as little as possible and eat as many vegetables as possible! These Broccoli Salad Hummus Pitas are easy to make and so refreshing. They’re packed with lots of fresh vegetables, herbs from the garden and creamy hummus. They’re perfect for lunch or dinner.
Our garden isn’t quite producing tomatoes yet but we do have tons of fresh herbs to use. For this broccoli salad recipe I added fresh dill, mint, parsley and oregano. Fresh herbs really elevate the flavors of this delicious meal!
Broccoli Salad Hummus Pita Recipe Ingredients
- Pita Bread – I used some store-bought whole wheat pita bread but any kind of pita bread will work. If you can’t find pita bread, a flatbread or even tortilla would work well.
- Hummus – I used a store-bought roasted garlic hummus but homemade would be great too! You could even mix it up and use fun flavors like this Curry Cilantro Hummus!
- Broccoli – I like to make my broccoli salad with raw broccoli but if you can’t digest raw broccoli very well you can lightly steam it first. I would recommend fresh broccoli over frozen broccoli if you can get it.
- Cucumber – I love to use English cucumbers in most of my recipes because their skin is soft and not waxy. I also find the flavor more mild but any cucumber will work!
- Tomato – I used grape tomatoes that I sliced in half but you can also use regular tomatoes and dice them into small pieces.
- Red Onion – You guys know I love my raw red onion in my salads! You could also use scallions or shallots for a more mild onion flavor.
- Feta Cheese – I like to add feta cheese for some creaminess and saltiness that goes well with the broccoli. If you’re making it vegan, you can use vegan feta cheese or omit the cheese altogether.
- Dressing – I did a super simple dressing for this broccoli salad made from olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
How To Make These Easy Broccoli Hummus Pitas
- Start by making the broccoli salad. To a large bowl, add the broccoli, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, fresh herbs and garlic to a large bowl.
- Next, add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper and mix everything together well.
- Assemble your pita bread. I like to heat my pita bread with some olive oil and Tamari to give it some extra flavor. Spread a spoonful of hummus onto the pita bread and then add a couple spoonfuls of the broccoli salad. I like to top mine with some extra fresh herbs and roasted sunflower seeds.
- Fold the pita up and enjoy!
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this recipe gluten free? I used regular whole wheat pitas but if you use gluten free pita bread, it will be gluten free.
- Is this recipe vegan? No, I used regular feta cheese but it can easily be made vegan by using vegan feta cheese or omitting it.
- How long will the broccoli salad last in the refrigerator? I would recommend storing the broccoli salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Have a question I didn’t answer? Ask me in the comment section below and I will get back to you ASAP!
Looking For More Easy Summer Recipes?
Avocado Chickpea Pesto Sandwiches
Lemon Broccoli Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer VegetablesPrint
Broccoli Salad Hummus Pitas
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
These Broccoli Salad Hummus Pitas are a great excuse to eat all the veggies for lunch!
- 3–4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, I used dill, parsley, mint and oregano
- 4–6 pieces of pita bread
- 1 cup hummus, I used roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roasted sunflower seeds for garnish, if desired
- To a large bowl, add the chopped broccoli, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Mix everything together until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- I like to heat my pita bread in a pan with some olive oil and tamari to give it a little more flavor, it’s totally optional though.
- Spread a large spoonful of hummus onto your pita and top with a couple spoonfuls of the broccoli salad. I like to garnish with more fresh herbs and roasted sunflower seeds. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Lunch, Vegetarian
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Broccoli Salad Hummus Pitas
Leave a Reply