These Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables are packed with corn, red pepper, zucchini and squash! They’re fresh, filling, healthy and only take 30 minutes to prepare!
I feel like it has been wayyyyyy too long since I’ve posted a Mexican food recipe! If you’re a regular here you know how much I love Mexican food and how much I love 30 minute dinner recipes. That brings me to these delicious Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables!
I’m not super excited about the return of hot summer weather, but I do really love summer produce. It’s fresh, light and colorful! I’ve been sautéing a lot of zucchini lately and I thought it would be perfect to add in a few more veggies, black beans and throw it into a taco!
How To Make These Vegan Black Bean Tacos:
- These black bean tacos are so easy to make! All you need to do is sauté the zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper until nice and browned. I never liked zucchini much until I started cooking it until it was golden brown and it gives it so much flavor!
- Then you throw in the corn, black beans and spices and cook for another few minutes just to warm everything through.
- Lastly, you add your filling to your tacos and you have yourself a delicious and easy weeknight dinner!
These Vegan Black Bean Tacos could also be turned into lettuce wraps if you’re looking for a lower carb option. They’d also be great drizzled with the Avocado Ranch Dressing from this recipe.
Recipe Tips for Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables:
- Feel free to leave out or add any vegetables you like. This recipe is really adaptable!
- I didn’t add cheese to mine since I’m currently not eating dairy, but you can definitely add cheese if you like.
- Go crazy with your taco toppings! I added some avocado for the creaminess, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Other topping ideas: salsa, hot sauce, onion, cheese, pickled radishes, lettuce, tomato.
- You can use a lettuce wrap instead of the tortilla or just enjoy the taco toppings on some greens or with some chips.
I hope you all are excited about the summer! I have lots of delicious and refreshing summer recipes planned for the next few months 🙂Print