These Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables are packed with corn, red pepper, zucchini and squash! They’re fresh, filling, healthy and only take 30 minutes to prepare!
I feel like it has been wayyyyyy too long since I’ve posted a Mexican food recipe! If you’re a regular here you know how much I love Mexican food and how much I love 30 minute dinner recipes. That brings me to these delicious Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables!
I’m not super excited about the return of hot summer weather, but I do really love summer produce. It’s fresh, light and colorful! I’ve been sautéing a lot of zucchini lately and I thought it would be perfect to add in a few more veggies, black beans and throw it into a taco!
How To Make These Vegan Black Bean Tacos:
- These black bean tacos are so easy to make! All you need to do is sauté the zucchini, yellow squash, and red pepper until nice and browned. I never liked zucchini much until I started cooking it until it was golden brown and it gives it so much flavor!
- Then you throw in the corn, black beans and spices and cook for another few minutes just to warm everything through.
- Lastly, you add your filling to your tacos and you have yourself a delicious and easy weeknight dinner!
These Vegan Black Bean Tacos could also be turned into lettuce wraps if you’re looking for a lower carb option. They’d also be great drizzled with the Avocado Ranch Dressing from this recipe.
Recipe Tips for Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables:
- Feel free to leave out or add any vegetables you like. This recipe is really adaptable!
- I didn’t add cheese to mine since I’m currently not eating dairy, but you can definitely add cheese if you like.
- Go crazy with your taco toppings! I added some avocado for the creaminess, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Other topping ideas: salsa, hot sauce, onion, cheese, pickled radishes, lettuce, tomato.
- You can use a lettuce wrap instead of the tortilla or just enjoy the taco toppings on some greens or with some chips.
I hope you all are excited about the summer! I have lots of delicious and refreshing summer recipes planned for the next few months 🙂Print
Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Summer Vegetables are so easy to make and only take 30 minutes! They’re perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1 medium sized yellow squash, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, lime, cilantro, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc…
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil, zucchini, yellow squash, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until vegetables are soft and browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn and all the spices, mix until combined and cook another 3-5 minutes, until just heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon black bean mixture into tortillas and top with y0ur favorite toppings.
Recipe makes enough for about 8 tacos.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner, Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Vegan Black Bean Tacos
These tacos were just the thing for a quick summer’s eve….and I had to try a new vegan feta cheese sprinkled on top. With or without, they were just the ticket.
She Likes Food says
Awesome! I’m so glad you enjoyed them!
These look fantastic! I’ll try them this weekend.
She Likes Food says
Thanks! I hope you enjoy them!