This Garlic Cheese Bread is made with only a few ingredients and is so delicious and flavorful! Enjoy it by itself or as a dinner appetizer! Kids love it too!
Do you all see a theme with my recipes lately? They’re all super easy to make! I always try to make my recipes easy but right I’m really focusing on easy meals with minimal ingredients. I’ve been making this Garlic Cheese Bread for months now so I figured it was finally time to share with you!
One of the secrets to this easy garlic cheese bread is the dough. This dough has been circulating around the internet for some time and I have no idea who was the first to come up with it. They call it the “Weight Watchers Dough” and it’s made with just two simple ingredients: plain non-fat Greek yogurt and self rising flour.
What You’ll Need For This Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
- Greek Yogurt – It must be plain non-fat Greek yogurt for the best results.
- Flour – You will need self rising flour for this recipe. Yes, not as healthy as whole wheat but it’s what works here.
- Butter – The butter is optional here but I feel like it acts as a nice base and adds a little more richness which we all need right now 🙂
- Garlic Powder & Dried Herbs – I use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic because it’s so easy and still tastes great! You could also use 1-2 cloves of minced regular garlic. For the dried herbs, I used herbs de Provence because I just love the flavor but you could also use any other dried Italian herbs.
- Cheese – Any cheese will work! Whatever you have on hand is great.
What Makes This Cheesy Garlic Bread Different?
A lot of cheesy garlic bread recipes use an actual bread base but I feel like this recipe is more similar to the cheesy bread that you can order from a pizza place, which is my favorite kind! This recipe is thin and loaded with cheese and garlic flavor, just the way I like it. It’s basically just like a pizza but without the sauce and a few added ingredients.
This Cheesy Garlic Bread is great for an appetizer on your Friday pizza night or you can eat it as a meal by itself. I usually make one of these plus a pizza and the kids eat this while my husband and I enjoy both the garlic bread and pizza 🙂